Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Go Blazers!

The Portland Trailblazers are 25-17 right now, first in the division--and half way through the season. The number 8 seed last year made the playoffs with a 42-40 record, so to match that, the blazers only need to win 17 of their next 40 games--well below .500 and a seemingly easy goal, especially considering that lots of those games (at least 11 by my count) and against teams that are just terrible, like Seattle, Minnesota and New York, and 20 of them are at home, where we've been GREAT this year. So, all we need to do is win 6 games against teams that are as good or better than we are, and we should be able to do that considering how well the team's been playing lately. Our schedule in April is BRUTAL, but I still think we'll make it in as the 7th or 8th seed, and I can't overstate how excited I am about this development. This season was supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Blazers without Greg Oden to fill the void left by Zach Randolph, the team's leading scorer and rebounder last year (seriously, name another team that could lose their best player and IMPROVE from one year to the next, I dare you), but instead they've been playing great, and with Oden back next year in the paint against talented big men (the reason we keep losing to teams like Boston and Toronto), we'll be even better--and I'll be able to watch games! RIP CITY!

5 Comments:

  • Over the coarse of the past several months witnessed in person 3 blazers games, including the opening game of the season. All of these games have been viewed while sitting in my company suite (#239). All drinks and food are on the company.

    I say this not to be "that guy"... ok, only 35% of me wants to be "that guy" right now but amy told me I should let you know some people are enjoying the blazers up close.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

  • Really? I don't hear from you in weeks and you finally post only to give me a basketball update? I'm disappointed. tisk tisk.

    By Blogger T-Funny, at 5:52 PM  

  • great post...but the celtics are unstoppable, in fact they remind me of our team of intramurals...haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

  • oh btw my 3 on 3 team is undefeated so far so yea..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

  • GO PISTONS!!!!!

    By Blogger Kourtney, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home