Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LOVE IT.

I know my stance on reality shows that make fun of people/characteristics that I hate is pretty clear. I've been tuning in to "The Tool Academy" ever since it came on a few weeks ago, and with only four tools left, I want to make something clear: the remaining tools are still assholes. Everyone one of them. They're only "winning" this "competition" because other people were somehow more obviously toolish, so it's like the producers have faced a Sophie's Choice for tools. I can't wait to see how this is going to shake out.

That said, MTV might just have one-uped VH1, because last night I watched "The Girls of Hedsor Hall." It's basically a female-tool academy, only in England. I don't know what it is about the United Kingdom that makes most Americans assume it's citizens are automatically more dignified, but clearly that's what the creators of these shows are going for. Even TA's therapist is British. Last night on the season premiere of TGOHH, a British "Lord" called told one drunken American girl that she looked like a horse. Naturally, hilarity/fits ensued. Obviously, I'll be tuning in every week.

In other news, I've spend a large portion of my time lately thinking about potential trades the Blazers could make between now and the February 19th deadline. Personally I'd rather just stand-pat this year and see where we're at, especially once we get Martell Webster back to spruce up our perimiter defense and three-point shooting. There's only one problem--Raef's expiring contract that we can't afford to not take advantage of. I'm really glad Kevin Pritchard is our GM because I have no clue what I would do in this situation.

1 Comments:

  • A trade would be great! Just not sure when and who it will happen with.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home