Cliff Gardner

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I've never been prouder

Last night, after the another dramatic come-from-behind win against and inferior team at home (aka operation "give Thomas a heart attack" part 9), Jessica, who had half-heartidly watched yet another game with me, had the following converation:

Me: Jessica, I'm going to ask you a question, and based on your answer, an increasing amount of good things will happen in your life.

Jess: OK, shoot.

Me: Name as many members of the current Portland Trailblazers team as you can.

Jess: Oooh, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Joel Prizbilla the vanilla gorilla, heeheeha!

Me: Yes, annnnd?

Jess: LaMarcus Aldridge, Travis Outlaw, daaa duuuh duuuh...weeedeedeedeeee....duuduuu--

Me: Yes, his name is Outlaw, I get it. Anyone else?

Jess: RUDY! RUDY! RUDY! And Seeeergio. Oooh, and Nicolas Batuuuuuum!

Me: OK, setting aside your entertaining mnemonic devices you use to remember the foreigners, you're missing two more. I'm give you a hint--he spells his name incorrectly--

Jess: Jerryd Bayliss!

Me:--yes, and you're missing our starting point guard.

Jess: I don't know what a "point guard" is.

Me: Fair enough...he's the other white guy.

Jess: BLAKE! STEVE BLAKE!

Me: Wow, great job! Who's the coach, for extra credit?

Jess: Nate MacMillan!

Me: Someone gets a massage!

Jess: YAY! Aren't you proud of me?!

Me: Yes, very much so...I'm going to let your ommisions of Michael Ruffin slide because we just got him in a trade, and Shavlik Randolph because he's annoying.

Jess: Thanks? Start with the shoulders.

Me: Okie Dokie!

2 Comments:

  • My girlfriend, after years of not caring about pro basketball or claiming the Mavericks 'cause she's from the Fort Worth area, has admitted to me that now she hopes the Lakers win. But she's still really sad now that she doesn't see Ronny Turiaf dancing and waving towels like an insane idiot on the sidelines. As are we all.

    By Blogger Brendan, at 10:23 AM  

  • This happens with David and I - except it goes more like

    D: lets watch a movie tonight

    K: nah, I'd rather watch a commentary track.

    Then David shits his knickers, and I get sweet foot massages.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home