Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Best. Movie. Ever.

Remember in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze" when the turtles are fighting The Foot and those monsters at the construction site? Then the fighting continues and they bust through the wall of the nightclub and no one seems at all surprised by the four six-foot turtles dropkicking a giant snapping turtle and wolf and two dozen men in all-black outfits. To top it all off, Vanilla Ice, who just happened to be performing at the very same club, improves some lyrics about the events like the legitimate rap artist that everyone thought he was at the time.

No movie summarizes my childhood better. I wonder, though, if this scene in particular also captures the mood of NYC. In other words, if something happens that would normally be viewed as bizzar anywhere else, New Yorkers just roll with it. Ian and Marie should feel free to comment on this one.

2 Comments:

  • On a funny side tangent: I was commenting to Tynan this summer that, until I went back to Lakeview and actually looked at the people around me, I had never actually thought that the term "slack-jawed yokel" had a literal definiton. Just driving down the street gets you a big "what are you doing it looks interesting or at least less boring than what I'm doing at this moment in time".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 PM  

  • HAHA I would say it captures NYC perfectly, HAHA! But seriously that's where all my family is and I'm there every year, so I can say it!

    Anyhoo, sorry I haven't been on, my work pretty much controls my day...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home