Cliff Gardner

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Who the hell are all of these people and what is going on here?

The show "ER" has always meant something to me. Even before I ever watched an episode I had fun with it. See, my best friend David Metzger and I used to debate together in high school, and he used to have to spell his last name to judges all the time. He would always say, "M, E, T as in tiger, Z as in zebra, G as is girl, E, R" and I would always say "as in the Emmy-winning show," and everyone would chuckle.

Lately the show has taken on an even greater meaning for me. I've blogged before about how I've taken to watching old episodes of ER when I get up in the morning and have really enjoyed them. However, tonight, I was channel surfing and came accross a re-run of ER from last season, and I was really confused. George Clooney and Juliana Margolies were gone. So were Dr. Benton and the British doctor he was sort of seeing. Oh, and Dr. Green was nowhere to be found. Carter was still there, but he was the only one I recognized and even he seemed really jaded.

In their place were all of these new people, like the Indian woman from "Bend it Like Beckham" and the dude from "8 Mile." That woman who was Jim Carey's ex-wife in "Liar Liar" was also on the show. After watching scenes from the new season, it looks like Danny Glover and the woman from "Third Rock From the Sun" will be joining the cast, too. The show had turned into freaking Hollywood Squares and it was really weirding me out.

Who knows, maybe I'll eventually grow to love this new crew of doctors, but probably not until they're in syndication.

2 Comments:

  • Dude, you clearly haven't watched the show in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. If you'd like, I'll give you the quick update when I get back from Wyo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 AM  

  • No Tommy, its actually really good now! The new cast is very likable but apparently this coming season is going to be a much younger cast overall. Watch Grey's Anatomy. Now there is a doctor show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home