Cliff Gardner

Thursday, September 08, 2005

No really, I'm their coach!

While I had been working with my Pacific University speech and debate students all summer online through a team-wide forum, I only started working with them in person a week ago. During that time, I've discovered that I really love to coach, despite the fact that no one seems to believe me when I tell folks on campus that I work there...I guess I kinda look like a beh-bey. :-)

It helps that I've got such a fantastic students. They're all so eager and excited to learn and get better, and seem to be soaking up my every word. My boss Sam Mathies is also an amazingly awesome and classy man. He's made me feel incredibly welcome and it has really meant a lot. Tomorrow we leave for a district coaches conference in Seattle. We'll be stopping at Wikia and at Powell's, so I'm really looking forward to the trip up there!

5 Comments:

  • Oh Sam Mathies, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. There's no argument--your boss rules.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

  • Powell's is in Portland not Seattle. Hope this helps.

    ;)

    By Blogger Dr. X, at 8:40 AM  

  • Thanks for that- I'm so glad that you've found a job that you love. Have a great weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • I coach high school debate here in Helena. I started last year and loved it. I'm doing it again during my last year at Carroll and it's only going to be better than the first year.

    Coaching kicks ass. You'll enjoy it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • I'm glad coaching is going so well. What is "Wikia"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home