Cliff Gardner

Monday, December 05, 2005

Ahh, forensics...

Last weekend, while I was taking the LSAT a second time, my team was competing at the University of Portland speech and debate tournament. Sam kept me posted throughout the day, and while we did well, I think the general consensus was that the tournament judging left a bit to be desired. Now, I know I wasn't the best speaker or debater when I was a student, but compared to some of the folks who consistently get ballots in our region, I'm a genius. Knowing that these people were going to be in a position of authority over my students last weekend was like having Kobe Bryant take my daughter to the prom.

4 Comments:

  • Thomas, you rock the similes, as usual. "Like having Kobe..." God. That is funny. Not as funny as a wee little blue jay getting pecked to death--wait. That's not funny at all. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • Bravo on the LSAT, my friend! I am so glad you did better and can walk away a new member of the "I will never take that crappy, stressful standardized test again" club.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 AM  

  • HAHA! Don't ya just hate that! Or the people who referee a game are the pople who couldn't play; GAH!

    I hope you aced the LSAT!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 AM  

  • Welcome to why I was so welcomed in the communtiy.

    My ballots have actual comments, they include things to do and things not to do, they offer suggestions in specific parts of a speech or program, and they have a reason for decision if you're in a final round.

    For that, I might just have been the best judge in our region. No, really.

    Rob

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home