Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Columbian Friends Volume Three: Kristen Brooke Tweedy


I remember not getting along with Kristen for a while in high school for really silly reasons, most of which involved us both vying for time with David. I wanted him to work on debate/our duo, and she wanted to snuggle with him. In hindsight, I think we were both right, in our own way. However, while we were sort of friends in high school, I think we became much better friends a few years ago, largely because we just have so much in common.

Simply put, Kristen and I understand each other and that is the core of what has become a really strong friendship. At least half a dozen times last week, I would start in on something, like not having anyone my age around me to hang out with, and Kristen would smile and say “I KNOW!!!” and hi-five me. We’re just going through a lot of the same stuff in relationships and life, and that makes her a very easy person to confide in and her in me.

Aside from that, she is just a really fun person to be around. Kristen is a biology genius and drives around Florida all day looking for certain types of water (don’t ask, I’m the guy in biology who electrocuted himself while dissecting a fetal pig) for a living. She’s funny, knows how to handle stress and is fiercely loyal to the people she loves. Kristen is a great person and a better friend.

4 Comments:

  • I agree. Well put.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

  • Thomas is right; Kristin is great! Subsequently Thomas is cool for saying so. I like this blogger place, I might have to use my blog here....hmmmmm I'm not announcing a move just yet...

    By Blogger Emily, at 11:28 AM  

  • I am also a fan of that particular girl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 AM  

  • Awww... TOM! YOU GUYS!

    I'm way blushing right now.

    I love you friends!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home