Cliff Gardner

Monday, January 23, 2006

Freedom bread

I’ve blogged before about the entertaining/logic-defying conversations I have with my mother. Here is the latest installment from yesterday:

Mom: Would you mind going to the store to get some French bread for dinner?

Me: Sure, no problem, I’ll go when the NFC title game is over.

Mom: Oh…would you mind going to the store now? It’s almost 3:00--that’s when they put out the fresh loafs, and your father loves warm bread right out of the oven.

Me: But we’re not going to eat dinner until around 7:30, right?

Mom: Yea…

Me: So wouldn’t that counteract your reason for wanting me to go get it now?

Mom: Look, he just likes warm bread.

Me: I understand that, but by the time we eat it, the bread won’t be warm anymore. I’m saying I’ll go get it, but in a half hour when the game is over.

Mom: Fine, whatever, do what you want. *storms off*

6 Comments:

  • I hear ya my friend. I know exactly where you're coming from.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  

  • She just wanted some warm bread. Meanie.

    By Blogger Matt, at 4:56 AM  

  • Mom didn't drop any F-bombs this time?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

  • Gosh, that is funny. Why are mothers, and women in general so darn irrational? I mean am I right?

    By Blogger Campy Draper, at 2:33 PM  

  • women are so weird...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

  • Dude, it scares the hell out of me when I read this stuff about women going crazy at a certain age. My mom has been at crazy for years now. Hmm. They should hang out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home