Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cupid was a fucker but that's ok because I have friends

I got whacked in the face with a basketball pretty good last night, so I went to bed with a headache and a bad mood. This morning, when I realized that my glasses were bent, I was even more annoyed and decided that I was going to write a long post about why it really sucks to be alone on Valentine’s Day for the first time in three years.

When I got to my office, there were several Valentine’s Day cards taped to my door by some of my students. They were entertaining little gifts that I’m not sure I deserved, but there they were. I might not have someone to kiss goodnight, but to say that I don’t have love in my life just isn’t true. Thanks for making me see that.

10 Comments:

  • Friends are always the best part of life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

  • thomas... that's the same conclusion i came to today... no i don't have romantic love to celebrate, but i sure do love a lot of people and i know lots of people love me! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • Yes, true. You do have good friends. In fact, I consider myself a friend first. And a boss, second. And, probably, an entertainer, third.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

  • I'll give you a big, wet slobbery one at NPDA in a few weeks.

    By Blogger Matt, at 6:43 PM  

  • Oh, that's sweet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • Happy VD, friend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • that's right fucker, you better fucking see that

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

  • I wish I was as optimistic as you.
    Happy belated Valentine's Day ...or should I say, thank God that dumb holiday is OVER?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  

  • I love you Thom.

    I've been so busy that I haven't called you back but yes let's get together soon. Have a good day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

  • You're loved. Even if just in a wierd forensics way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home