Cliff Gardner

Monday, February 06, 2006

Nope, I’m not dead, just in San Diego

Many of you have asked if I’m dead since I haven’t update in a while, but I was just in San Diego at over the weekend at a speech and debate tournament. The highlights include:

--Me turning 23 and my team throwing me a party. The northwest contingent sings me happy birthday at dinner. I feel loved. :-)

--We watch the entire first season of “The Office” at the tournament. PAM PAM!

--Jared qualifies extemp and Josh qualifies his poetry, Ashley clears 3/4ths of her events, Jess clears at both tournaments, both of our duo’s are in finals at the 2nd tournament, and we get third place in our division at the 1st tournament. Booya, grandma!

--Tyler finally feels comfortable enough with his sexuality to be honest with us all. I’m really proud of him.

--I get to hang out with friends I don’t see that often, including Ian and Caroline, Brendan and the super cool Kiyomi.

--I get a little tipsy after one Mike’s Hard Lemonade. That’s how I roll.

--My Willamette friends Sean and Sam win the Round Robin. Basically, they could mess everything else up for the rest of the year and still fall back on that, so rock on!

--I carry our massive overall trophy through various airports and tell those who inquire about it that I won it in an “ass modeling competition” over the weekend. Hey, that’s not a complete lie.

10 Comments:

  • So, eating two cheeseburgers a day wasn't a highlight?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • I'm so glad you had a good time!

    Miss you lots, wish I was there to hang out on your 23rd :o(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • YAY for sexuality!!!! And Bruce Lee rules.... :-P but I love the way you said it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 PM  

  • man that big talk with tyler was intense. it was really a breakthrough for him to come clean about who he really is. i feel so much closer to you all now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

  • looking forward to dominating the northwest this weekend. I mean... African Americans! Pam Pam Thank you ma'am. Peace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • one hard lemonade? hehe

    it was great to finally meet the infamous blogger in person.

    congrats on your team doing so well this weekend! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

  • You guys rocked!

    By Blogger Amy, at 3:17 PM  

  • Sexuality? SEXUALITY??? What the hell goes on at these tournaments?????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  

  • I just talked to Jared about the sexuality thing. He came clean about the cuddling.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

  • T-Mac, do you have an ass that would be worth showing off?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home