Cliff Gardner

Thursday, February 09, 2006

You're killing me Smalls!

Most of my posts about my family discuss how my mom is crazy, but I really love her in spite of all of it. Here’s an example that illustrates that. Last Friday, my phone rang at 7:20 in the morning. While it’s normally a bad idea to call me before 10, this call was a really bad idea in particular because it was one of the rare days when I was getting 8 hours of sleep at a speech and debate tournament. So, I just silenced my phone and rolled over, trying to think of a reason why my mom would be calling me at all; my birthday wasn’t until Saturday and I had called home the night before to let my folks know I was in San Diego safe and sound.

When I checked my voicemail a few hours later, I was even more annoyed than I had been previously. My mom had called to wish me happy birthday, not realizing she was a day early. Her voicemail was so nice, too; my mom is the only person I know who can frustrate the beJesus out of you with her love.

2 Comments:

  • once my dad sent me a birthday card on my brothers birthday... not really one of those killing you with love moments, but it was another example of birthday mixups.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • Awww, that's still nice though! But yeah, I know how you feel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home