Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Life Inventory

--I’m currently reading four books: The Da Vinci Code, Spiritual Strength for Men (a Baha’i book), The Baha’i Faith: The Emerging Global Religion (another Baha’i book) and Corporate Warriors (a book about private military firms).

--I’m training for a 15K next month that I’m running with Zayne and her super cool roomie who I'm sure I'm going to be instant friends with. It’s gonna rock!

--I’ve decided that I am Baha’i. I didn’t arrive at this conclusion lightly, but after a few months of reading and soul searching, I’m more Baha’i than anything else at this point and really like what the Faith has to offer. Next month, I’ll be observing a fast between sunrise and sunset, and I’m really excited about it bringing me closer to God.

--I still have eight law schools to hear from and am working on the financial aid from the schools that I’ve been accepted by (UDC and Vermont). I really need to finish my FAFSA soon because deadlines for that stuff are in early March. This is stressing me out.

--This weekend I’m going to hang out with Amy and I’m really excited about it! Friends are fun, especially when they're rockstars like Amy!

--I’m doing…ok…emotionally. In fact, I only think about the breakup about half a dozen times a day now, which is a pretty big improvement.

--Lately I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about whether or not to put off going to law school for another year. My dad and I had a long talk about it last night and he’s really against it, with good reason. The longer I wait, the less likely it is that I’ll ever go back, plus I’m just putting off the rest of my life longer since I don’t want to be a director of forensics. Still, working another year would allow me to save money for school and stay in a place that I love, with people I love. I’ve still got a lot of thinking to do on this one.

8 Comments:

  • Can we buy you off with packs of fudge?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 PM  

  • Good luck with all of your thinking and decisions.

    At least you treated her with respect. You should hear about the "respect" I get. Thanks for your kind words. They will pay off in the end! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • yeah, fudge!

    as much as we will tell you selfishly time and again to FUCKING STAY HERE, i'm totally confident that you'll end up making the right decision for YOU.

    and i'm glad you're doing...ok...emotionally. a lot of folks have it a lot worse!! just remember we're here for ya, along with jim, pam, ryan, and todd packer. michael and dwight, however, have an alliance against you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

  • I am praying for you to make the right decisions, my friend. You will be amazing at whatever it is that you devote yourself to. Just remember that you are never leaving behind people that love you and experiences that you love. The people will be behind you always and the experiences will be with you forever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 PM  

  • I am sorry for your loss.

    The DiVinci code is a fucking awesome book that will console you.

    -- Brandi Nicole

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Tom, you are great. I say go to law school. Waiting another year is also just putting off meeting more people to love and doing something you love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 PM  

  • Having once dated a Baha'i girl for several months, I was immeasurably grateful for being exposed to another faith because I learned a lot from those experiences. I hope your experience with the Baha'i faith is similarly positive--that religion has a lot to offer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

  • I agree with your dad. It's great you had a year to work and get some perspective, but if law is what you're actually going to do with your life, get started on it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home