Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And I didn't even get lost on the way there!

Amy is so freaking rad! Here’s what I’ve decided after several hours of awesome conversation with one of my best friends:

--being emotionally giving isn’t a vice

--technology might improve the breadth of our connections but those relationships are often shallow

--the burgers in the restaurant under the Wonder Ballroom in NE Portland kick ass

--doctor assisted suicide might be bad in widespread practice but if we’re infirmed than we’ll just kill each other and save the government the trouble

--never settle—there’s no such thing as “good enough” when it comes to love

Pearls of wisdom…use them wisely, CG readers.

6 Comments:

  • Wow - sounds like you had quite the evening. I like the "never settle" approach. If I would have been impatient and settled, life would be hell. When I found the right person, I knew it, and married her 1.5 years after meeting her. She's awesome and life with her is great.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 7:03 AM  

  • Well said thom... especially that first part :)

    By Anonymous amy, at 8:45 AM  

  • Awww, those make me happy, especially the last two, HAHAHAH!

    Have a great day!!!

    By Anonymous Kim, at 10:47 AM  

  • Looks like the sprockets are moving pretty quick! Keep the oil can handy.

    By Blogger truax, at 1:02 PM  

  • you think our relationship is shallow? ;-)

    By Anonymous Lucy, at 1:06 PM  

  • The last one in particular is true. I cannot convince you or anyone enough. I would take that a step further. Anything you truly want in a relationship is not too much to ask for. You're just in the wrong one. If you feel like you are making huge sacrificies that matter to you, move on.

    By Blogger Marie Ann, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home