Cliff Gardner

Friday, April 21, 2006

I bet Sam is a criss-cross-applesauce kind of guy

Some people have told me that I sit in a peculiar fashion. I honestly don't get why everyone doesn't enjoy pulling both knees up to their chest and leaning forward in a chair on their heels, often not even realizing that they're doing it. In the second grade, this got me in trouble when my teacher thought I was going to fall out of my chair at lunch time and hurt myself. To be fair, she was half right as I had fallen a few times that year already without doing any serious harm. However, when she told me to “sit normally,” my mom went to bat for me and told everyone to back off. I remember her saying, “If he’s comfy sitting that way just let him do it! He’s not hurting anyone!” Thanks mom! Fifteen years later, I’ve fallen asleep on planes and buses, watched movies, flowed debate rounds and eaten countless meals all sitting in this familiar fashion.

I believe that how a person sits can tell you a lot about them. In my case, I’m comfortable with who I am. That, and I’m small enough to curl up in a little ball wherever I am. How do you sit?

7 Comments:

  • On my ass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

  • Way to be proud. Quirkiness is the best!
    -Alexis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

  • I always sit with at least one leg tucked under me. People think I'm weird for this, too. Of course, that might be because I very often kneel on my chair in class.

    By Blogger haylie, at 3:42 PM  

  • I was quite impressed with your sitting position while sleeping on an airplane. You should try that cool trick of "guy contorts his own body to fit inside of a 2 x 2 foot box." I think you could do it.

    Yes, I am a c-c-a sitter, and sometimes get some weird looks/comments.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 5:55 PM  

  • if i'm in a chair, i often tip it back onto 2 legs. people have been telling me for years that i'm gonna fall and split my head open. but i think by now, i have the balance down pretty much to perfection.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:43 PM  

  • I have mastered the "Sit in a chair and put my feet on anything that my legs/feet will reach" sit.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 9:21 PM  

  • Gymnastics...maybe a career path?

    By Blogger truax, at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home