Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Music...makes the people...come together........

I was planning on going to the Pretty Girls Make Graves CD release concert in Portland with Amy tonight and was really excited about it for several reasons. First, I’ve never been to a concert in my life and was looking forward to breaking my streak of lameness even though I had never hear of PGMG until Amy mentioned them. Second, I rarely get to see Amy, a super good friend of mine, and was looking forward to hanging out with her. Third, I have this fear of getting horribly lost in Portland and it’s frankly time for me to put on my big boy pants and get over it.

So ANYWAY, they cancelled the concert, but Amy and I are going to hang out anyway and it's going to rock!

6 Comments:

  • i might not believe your claim to being lame music-wise if it weren't for
    a)your space jam soundtrack CD
    b)your subject line being a madonna song--a newer, lame one
    c)the fact that I have ever met you in real life.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:15 PM  

  • I love Pretty Girls... PS your first concert should be with me and matt when we go to regina spektor on MAY 10!!!! If you like regina.. you're ok in my book

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 9:38 PM  

  • Thanks for the comforting comments. Glad you still get to hand out with your friend. You should make it a goal to go to a concert this summer! My first concert was the Sex Pistols when I was 13 :-)
    -Alexis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • I love you Thomas!

    Thanks for an awesome night!

    and whoever the assassin is, I hope to go to the spektor concert as well so if you will be there, then great :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM  

  • You need to get yourself to a concert before you die. It's one of the necessary requirements to living a full life. :)

    My first concert was a Green Day one in Salt Lake City before the album "Warning" came out...I was instantly hooked.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • Aww! That's too bad that the show got cancelled, PGMG are really really REALLY awesome live. I've seen them twice, and by now they've got to have the stuff from their new album down to an art. Like Selling the Wind. It has an accordion! and its about seafaring! If you get a chance to see them again, either by them rescheduling the show or whatever, take it!

    And also, live music in general can be one of the greatest things ever.

    By Blogger Darryl, at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home