Cliff Gardner

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I know some smart people

Jess and I have been having a discussion for the past week or so via e-mail about whether or not Oleana, and David Mamet, help feminism. However, when we finally got to talk to each other about it in person tonight, a few things became abundantly clear. First, Jess knows a lot more about theatre than I do and is very persuasive. Second, it’s ok to defer to people who are smarter than you are on a given subject because you’ll learn more that way and be better off in the long run. In that vein, I promise to listen to AshAttack on films (by the way, thanks for the tip on “Do the Right Thing,” Ash, it ROCKED!), to Sam on being a good dad and to Christine on…well, anything, really.

5 Comments:

  • It's good to be able to admit where you need help and ask for it. It's not weakness, it's showing strength!

    By Blogger truax, at 1:20 AM  

  • i freakin' TOLDJA!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:08 AM  

  • These things are cyclical my dear.

    PS I wish I could take credit for my persuasiveness, but everything I know I got from the great Dr. Margolis (by the way I think she reads your bog now) and Anne Bogart direcitng books.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 7:39 AM  

  • Thomas: And I promise to listen to you when discussing your smart areas of expertise - such as horoscopes, Mike's, and leaving your keys in the lock on the outside of your office door.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 12:04 PM  

  • Flattery, sir. Flattery. I wish you could have come last night! We had a great time, and we would have had even better banter had you been here. :-) Next time, ok?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home