Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

No he was man, it was a really great move. He was inverted.

There is no greater tragedy in American cinema than the death of Goose in Top Gun. Forget Jack in Titanic or Barbara Hershey in Beaches, Goose is who we should really be squirting some tears over. Seriously, he was awesome! Just look at the facts: he was married to Meg Ryan (pre-botox disasters), was a loving father, a talented piano player and a potential truck driver before Ashton made trucker hats cool. Finally, he put up with Tom Cruise almost derailing his career with repeated fly-bys (what, was L. Rob Hubbard in the control tower, ghostrider?). Just remember--there's two "O's" in Goose, boys.

7 Comments:

  • I feel the need...the need for SPEED

    By Blogger truax, at 1:05 PM  

  • I cried when Goose died -- I still can't watch the scene.. I make Hubby fastforward...

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 3:31 PM  

  • I think you have some movies confused. Are you sure it's Top Gun? Maybe you're thinking of Rain Man. Or Risky Business.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 5:19 PM  

  • HAHA, you know, I never though of it like that... another good one is Bambi's Mother!!! She had everything going for her, then, BAM!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

  • i concur, goose's death was really REALLY sad. it's about on a par with the death of Artex, the horse in the neverending story. my favorit part in top gun is when meg ryan and the kids come to visit, it always makes me feel happy. the best line is, "Goose, you big STUD! Take me to bed or lose me forever!"

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:12 PM  

  • The saddest movie death ever is when Wash dies in "Serenity," but I am willing to accept that such will only be true for sci-fi geeks like myself.

    By Blogger haylie, at 8:53 PM  

  • L. ron sort of sounds like Enron.... I predict their futures are about the same: They're going down! Or, is L. Ron already dead.... Well, Enron has already colapsed, so I gues my analogy goes nowhere. Sighs. I hope you enjoyed your Mac-Poison.

    By Blogger The Assassin (burrr), at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home