Cliff Gardner

Monday, May 08, 2006

I prefer Web MD

Mom: How did you doctors appointment go?

Me: Fine…I got poked with a bunch of needles and weig—

Mom:--Who did you see?

Me: Oh, which doctor? I have no idea; I don’t know they’re names.

Mom: Well that’s rude.

Me: I wasn’t rude, I was perfectly nice! Besides, why is it important that I have a good relationship with these people? What, they’ll only give me the real medicine if I’m chatty while a needle is sticking out of my arm?

Mom: I just think it’s good to be friends with your doctors.

Me: Look, if I were friends with everyone who made me turn my head and cough then……I would have a lot more friends…..WAIT A MINUTE, maybe you’re on to something!

This was part three of my three-part series entitled “getting medically cleared for the Peace Corps.” I was going to do a part two about my trip the eye doctor but nothing blog-worthy really happened except for me getting charged $75. It should take a few days to get the lab results back and mail all this stuff to the national headquarters in DC, but assuming all is well, I could find out when/where I'm going in 6-8 weeks. Keep on praying for me folks!

7 Comments:

  • I have to agree with your mom on this one, it's good to be friends with your doctors. You never know when you'll need a letter to get out of gym class that only the "doctor" can provide.

    By Blogger truax, at 10:13 PM  

  • The better your relationship with your physician, the better care he or she can give you! Its a matter of trust and cooperation and not about making friends...although friendship is good too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • ha ha ha that sounds a lot like my mom. she gets names, birthdates, mothers' maiden names of everyone she meets, especially cops and doctors.

    p.s. not only CAN you get wasted beforehand, but it's ENCOURAGED. that's why i'm pissed i have class right before :(

    By Blogger Ashley, at 11:08 PM  

  • i need to talk to you. are we still on for tomorrow's concert? call me tonight. i have a story and need advice. i called you yesterday but your phone was off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • Aah...the turn and cough. Good times. Wait until you're 40 - more hilarity will ensue.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 1:34 PM  

  • Good luck and enjoy the AmeriCorps!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM  

  • Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home