Cliff Gardner

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cliff Gardner Mission Statement

You know that kid in class who talks all the time whether she/he has something to say or not? Sometimes they’re kind of funny and what they have to say is sort of intelligent but other times you get the impression they’re just talking because they don’t know what else to do? Oh, and whenever you have a conversation with them, they say stuff that would seem to indicate that they weren’t really listening to what you were saying at all?

I’ve decided that Cliff Gardner has become the blogging equivalent of that obnoxious kid. Two posts a day has become the norm and aside from my recent commentary on race relations, pretty much everything is silly crap designed to get a laugh. I find myself straining to think of things to blog about. My comments on other blogs are usually shallow. Well, to quote Kevin Costner in the cinematic gem Wyatt Earp, it all ends now.

From now on, I will only blog when I have something to say. I won’t feel obligated to update or be funny when I do. My posts might tackle political issues that I think need to be addressed or short stories that I’ve been thinking about writing or just what’s going on in my life. I will only comment on your blog when I feel that what I have to say will add to the discussion.

9 Comments:

  • You do what you have to do, as long as my fellow bloggers and I don't lose your comments entirely. I'm definitely looking forward to more creative writing from you, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 PM  

  • Roll how you got to roll, but I dig your jams how you kick them now just fine.

    By Blogger Darryl, at 10:27 PM  

  • I've got no problem with your less meaningful blogs...

    It seems a lot of my blogging friends start worrying that they blog too much or not about meaningful enough things, but guess what? If we didn't like what you wrote, you wouldn't have so many faithful readers and faithful commenters on every post. You can give the "serious blogger" bit a shot, but I hope you keep up the silly stuff as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 AM  

  • In the words of Thomas E McSizzle, I disagree.

    Cliff Gardner is entertaining and makes me laugh. I look forward to reading it. If I viewed it as that obnoxious student (or three) in my class, I'd skip it. When I'm in my office, there isn't much that amuses me as I go through my day, but CG has been there.

    It feels like Cliff is breaking up with me, and it hurts!

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:02 AM  

  • Turn, change is bad. I'm going to give you three reasons why.

    Ok, so maybe not.

    Cliff Gardner is like my ray of sunshine when I'm feeling blue. Part of what makes Cliff so great is his mix of humor, serious questions, and overall wit.

    By Blogger truax, at 11:16 AM  

  • You are great. Thanks for all of your wonderful comments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • Sorry I haven't been able to get on here as much! I wanted to say that bein g American and Irish gives you a really rich background. I know it doesn't seem like it, but we really do. Honestly, white people made this country. Irish people make it more lively ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 PM  

  • I know this is something you have been turning over in your head for a while so I'm glad you have decided to move ahead with it! You always make me proud :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • I've always enjoyed the whimsical, spontaneous nature of your blog. :)

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home