Cliff Gardner

Friday, June 30, 2006

I have a crush on NPR

Is it wrong to like like a radio station? I hope not, because I have a bit of a thing for National Public Radio. Do you ever turn on NPR and not like what you’re hearing? Yea, ME EITHER. When I’m flipping through stations and can’t find anything good, I’ve been known to shout, “NPR WILL SAVE ME” and emphatically change the dial. It always has something smart and/or clever to say and is constantly satisfying…you might even say it has been the talk of the nation. All things considered, I kind of want to get wasted and let NPR take advantage of me in a sexy, nerdy type of way. We could even make it a weekend edition and then have brunch in a world cafe, filling out the crossword puzzle together and playfully screeching, wait, wait...don't tell me. Honestly, that would be a breath of fresh air, although I would being willing to take things day to day if NPR felt like we were rushing into anything.

6 Comments:

  • Cool - sounds like your like like for NPR can turn in to a long-term relationship. So, WHILE LIVING ON EARTH, I hope that your new special relationship is ON POINT and not ONLY A GAME.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 3:21 PM  

  • That might be the funniest thing I've read in awhile. NPR is the shiz.

    By Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar, at 4:16 PM  

  • As David can attest, NPR is my other best friend. Its on all the time in my car, and in my house. Indy and I spend lots of Sat afternoons listening to Wait Wait, and Calling all Pets.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 AM  

  • I began my affair with NPR in Omaha -- Nebraska public radio was a good tease -- but Minnesota public radio is the best....

    although, lately I've been cheating on my fling with chick radio - which is mostly local with one national show, "Satelite Sisters"... it is easier to work to while being amused but not distracted.

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 10:27 AM  

  • Holy crap, solidarity! I thought I was alone in my vaguely unhealthy obsession with our nation's finest radio. Evidently I'm not.

    By Blogger haylie, at 9:54 AM  

  • Hahaha.... we're going to get along. Not only do I actually sit in my room and listen every morning (and more on Saturdays), I actually got caught up in the pledge drive and became a damn member.

    Nothing makes you feel cooler than going to free indie movies where the crowd consists only of people your grandparents age and college professors who, rather than popcorm, bring APPLES to snack on.

    By Blogger Kate, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home