Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two scoops of sports and a side of law

Oregon State won the College World Series last night when they really had no business staying with a well-rested North Carolina team as long as they did. When asked for comment, my sister Katie, an OSU senior, replied, “OSU has a baseball team? Wait, what is baseball?” Gotta love her.

Ukraine advanced in the World Cup, again. Seriously, this is awesome! Making it to quarter-finals in your first ever Cup is amazing and I’m totally pulling for them!

Oh, and it turns out that I was basically right about law school. I had to spend over $1,000 in applications and tests to figure that out, but better that than $100,000 in loans and me hating my life.

6 Comments:

  • Sounds like you're on a three strike day. But in this case, strikes are good things. So I guess we could call it a full count. Maybe?

    By Blogger truax, at 4:07 PM  

  • I thought it was pretty cool that OSU won. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • ^

    Another member of the "planning on law school and then changing mind at last second after wasting money on the LSAT" club.

    We're just better people Thomas. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

  • Good job on saving $99,000! Nice move towards happiness.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 5:18 PM  

  • Since this is a sports post, I fele like I can say that your Blazers just traded for the rookie of the year 2007- Brandon Roy. Good thing, too, because you got hosed on the Telfair/draft slot #4 rights deal with Boston.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 PM  

  • On law school: Hubby thought going to law school sounded like fun, but the problem is that you come out a lawyer... which isn't so fun.

    On OSU and the CWS -- Good for them! I like to see anybody but southern teams win. They play the CWS in Omaha every year and the town goes nuts -- it is probably the best time to be in Omaha... either then or during the Shakespeare festival...

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home