Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I win! I'm the winner! ME!

Today’s the day that freshmen move in at Pacific, so naturally the place is a freaking zoo. Well no, that’s not accurate—zoos are fun and Pacific isn’t, at least today. The campus is like a terrible, crowded train wreck. I don’t envy my RA buddies Tiffanie and Mark who I’m sure have their hands full today.

One of the horrific side-effects of moving-in-day on pretty much any college campus is the complete cluster-fuck that is parking. So, for that reason, I have never been so happy to have my faculty parking pass that allowed me to park in an awesome lot just across the street. I just sat in my car and laughed for about five minutes watching everyone else scramble around looking for a space. I won the parking war.

Seriously, I should auction off my parking pass to highest bidder. On a day like today, I bet I could make enough money to buy some sweaters so I’ll survive my stay in the frozen tundra called Ukraine.

6 Comments:

  • so, you're clearly very savvy with your fancy links right smack dab in the middle of your post. perhaps one day my posts will be just as fancy as yours. is that really a picture of ukraine, or just some random frozen tundra. oh, and you should ONLY auction off your cd's if you have them all already stored on your computer and some other device (ipod?). then, i say they're fair game. dvd's, however, i think not.
    now, back to random ukraine-related internet activity.

    By Blogger alison, at 2:00 PM  

  • Ukraine is going to freakin' rock. If my 80-year old grandparents could survive the cold, I think you're going to be OK.

    Also- I was one of those people scrambling for a parking space. Your sympathy and compassion are extremely refreshing in this age of cynicism and greed.

    By Blogger haylie, at 3:15 PM  

  • Wow, you move in EARLY at Pacific! The undergrads don't move in until late next week here at LC. Luckily, since we in the Grad School have our own private parking lot, we just laugh at the silly undergrads.

    Did you go to campus for a reason, or did you just want to laugh at the misery of others?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 PM  

  • zoos are not fun whatsover....for anyone...

    By Blogger Maida Vale Ranger, at 6:48 PM  

  • UGH...Parking at college is always the WORST! They should have move in day be in shifts so it isn't so crazy. I always paid to move my stuff in a couple days early...worth every penny! (side note: did you not read the comment in an earlier post? You are not, infact, able to go to ukraine!)

    By Blogger Kourtney, at 8:27 PM  

  • As I was moving the office today, I got tired of competing with people for space on campus. Finally, a large truck basically dominated me and I had to postpone the moving efforts. Oh well, I dusted some shelves in the new team room, which was another fun task.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home