Cliff Gardner

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Those aren't letters! You made up letters!

Tonight I went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill with David's family (which now includes his lovely wife, Kristen). While there, everyone was taking advantage of the paper tablecloth and crayons that littered the place. Everyone else drew some pretty pictures, but I wrote out the entire Cyrillic alphabet. I was pretty proud of myself given how amazingly hard it is. What makes it difficult isn't really the funny looking letters but the one's that I already know that I have to re-learn. For example, B=v, 3=z and x=h. BRING IT ON!

Aside from that, it turns out that some folks really don't like me. Oh well, can't win over everyone! I've got plenty of amazing and loyal friends, an awesome girlfriend and a fun and challenging future ahead of me so it's hard to feel anything but gratitude and excitement. Life is great! :-)

8 Comments:

  • "Made-up letters," lol. Funny post, Thomas!

    By Blogger Amy, at 11:16 PM  

  • I like you. And your letters.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 11:51 PM  

  • I like you too...

    When do you go to the Peace Corps again??

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 9:19 AM  

  • I LOVE the Macaroni Grill. It's one of my favorite places to eat.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

  • Aи лaиk йу a лaт - эниуaн xу дaзн’т из ступид.

    (I hope that comes through, and that I did that right. I haven't tried to write something in English using that alphabet since high school, so I probably didn’t.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • Well I really like you! So much in fact, that I'm jealous you have a girlfriend. Well...no actually that's true.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

  • Hey now, just who doesn't like you?! You let me know so I can have both some adult words and administer some pain! Most likely I'll just stick to the adult words and run in the face of physical danger. But still...

    I'm looking forward to baseball with you. Also, thank you for being an amazing friend for D & K all weekend. I only hope and am confident that if I would have been in that situation you would have acted the same for me. I love you, Thomas. You're awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:04 PM  

  • My friend, who doesn't like you? Let me at them. Really.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home