Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Peace Corps Update!!!

Today was very productive. I ordered some Cyrillic alphabet stickers for my laptop that Kate pointed me towards, got another pair of glasses and dropped my computer off with my buddy Mark who will hopefully make it not…suck. Despite that, though, I still have a ton to do before I leave on the 28th, including:

--buying a European adapter for my compy
--getting personal item insurance for all my stuff
--making sure my loan deferment papers are in order
--buying some good boots, nice sweaters, dress pants, a great coat and some shirts that are nice enough to make me look presentable but not so nice that creepy folks try to buy them from me
--getting/weighing my luggage
--learning a hell of a lot of Ukrainian
--learning a hell of a lot of English grammar rules

I sure hope I don’t lose my cool in the next month.

5 Comments:

  • So, you don't have to spend all that money on a converter for your compy if it is a laptop, I spent my whole year using just one of the little adaptors which are much cheaper, I recommend getting them for anything you might have which has its own converter. Computers and MP3 players often do. If it is a PC though... you may need to get the converter.

    In any case, I am way excited for you, and maybe I'll come see you before you leave.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 AM  

  • Will the personal item insurance cover your valuable Pop-tarts, Mike's, and EZMac?

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 7:42 AM  

  • You should get one of those fancy International Student Identification Cards that give you great discounts on travel, hotel, and insurance if you happen to lose an arm to a crazy homeless person. Safety first!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 AM  

  • At the rate you've been running, your luggage will probably weigh more than you! :) In my expereince, a laptop is a great thing to have in a foreign country (especially as a DVD player!) So hopefully yours gets all fixed and good as new!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • I'm working on it dude. It's going to rock, or well at least not suck as much once I'm done with it.

    By Blogger truax, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home