Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I was just thinking about how I want to travel around New England!

I just finished Anonymous Lawyer and it was really funny. I called this reading experience “the road not taken” because until relatively recently I thought I was going to be a lawyer. This book sort of justifies my choice to run screaming away from the law as a profession, although I admit that the author’s (fictional) experience is not at all typical for lawyers or law school grads.

Speaking of law school, one of the schools I was accepted by was The University of Vermont, who got me a subscription to Vermont Magazine as part of their pitch to get me to go there. Apparently that got me on the mailing list for all things New England because today I got a letter asking if I would like to subscribe to Yankee Magazine. Apparently, for only $29.90 a year, I can get “the very best of New England living, expert gardening tips for every season, award-winning recipes, ‘must-see’ travel destinations, and much, much more.” Well how am I supposed to turn that down? I mean, there are recipes! I’m still not sure, though. I can only afford to subscribe to one more periodical and I REALLY like Trains Magazine. I’ll keep you posted on my decision.

2 Comments:

  • Vermont? Vermont? I stopped reading when I saw Vermont.

    We don't serve Vermont maple syrup on this campus.

    By Blogger truax, at 8:45 PM  

  • Check your mail for your good-bye gift that I ordered for you: A subscription to Black October magazine. In case you aren't aware, their slogan is "the magazine of dark and unusual horror."

    Enjoy.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home