Cliff Gardner

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Studio 60

EDIT--it sounds like the show has been picked up for a second season...my faith in humanity and the general good in people is still in tact. Woooohooooo! :-)

I just heard that "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" is going to get cancelled. Frankly, I'm mad at all of you back home who let this happen. I mean, I have a pretty good excuse for not watching it every week, but if you were near a cable television and didn't watch this show that I was certain would go down as one of the best of all time, well...I just don't think we can be friends anymore. If you DID watch it every week and it was cancelled anyway, then you are officially smarter than pretty much everyone else who didn't. No, seriously: http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/bal-studio1106,0,5764962.story?coll=bal-business-headlines. Anyway, I take comfort in knowing that by the time I come home from Ukraine in two years, the entire series will be available on DVD and I will spend part of my re-adjustment allowance so that I can put in on my shelf right next to other Aaron Sorkin creations of the entire Sports Night and West Wing box sets. I am going to go get a post office box now so you can all send me condolance cards for the loss of this great monument to pop culture genius. Studio 60, we hardly knew yee!

My new PO Box in Ochakiv is below--feel free to send stuff, like books, DVD's, cards, letters, smiles and hugs, to that address.

А/Я 120
Г. Очаков
Никопаевскои Област
57500, Украина

In English, it's:

PO Box 120
Town of Ochakiv
Mikolaevska Oblast
57500, Ukraine

I suggest putting the Ukrainian version on packages but maybe with the English version next to it? We'll all get the hang of this stuff. HUGS!

7 Comments:

  • For the record...I watched it every Monday night!!!! I am mad as well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 AM  

  • That article you link to is from 2 months ago and the show has been picked up for the rest of the year. In fact, the latest Nielsens report that the show is the #1 ranked in DVR recordings - which gives it 11% more viewers. And its a top ranked ITUNES download.

    Just an fyi, your post got picked up by Google so it makes it look like Studio 60 WAS cancelled. If you care about the show, would you consider revising your post so it doesn't mislead those of us that love the show (like yourself)?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • So, you can blame me. I know you told me to...but I don't have TV in my room...and I'm not a big fan of watching TV in the commons area, unless it's "Tomorrow" or to see if William Reinquest was really dead.

    You know what they forgot to bring here. Someone forgot to bring the funny.

    A long flight across the night. You know why late flights are good? Because we cease to be earthbound and burdened with practicality. Asking important questions. Talking about the idea that nobody has thought about yet. Put it a different way...be poets

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 AM  

  • For the record, I paid $5 for the first season of Studio 60 and chain-smoked the entire season within 24 hours. It is, in one word, fabulous. I will bring it home with me and share with the masses.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 AM  

  • Blame me. It's my fault.
    One TV show is enough for me - and I choose The Office.
    (I got season 2 for Christmas!)
    By the way, Angela is on fire lately - hilarious. I tell you this because I know you have a big fatty crush on her.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 8:34 PM  

  • I tried watching it, for proably the first 4-5 weeks. But it just didn't grab me enough to make me change my TV viewing habits. I just never watch shows on TV - I'm a DVD girl.

    Happy new year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

  • I Tivo it -- do I get a cookie or something?

    It is good, but not great like West Wing..

    Glad things are going well for you!

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home