Cliff Gardner

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I live to blog...and clearly need some perspective

There was a time at Willamette when I viewed just about everything in the news and in my classes only in terms of debate. Bush wants to drill in ANWR? Sweet, that case is still inherent. Kansas has a stupid law that imprisons gay men like 30 years more than straight men for the same crime? Awesome, overturning that will be a tough one to beat. I was actually angry for a while when I found out that drug courts, this awesome rehabilitation approach to drug crimes, were finally being used in all 50 states, because it meant that I couldn't run that case anymore. Finally, though, I got out of that habit and actually started taking action to fix all of these terrible things that I kept seeing.

Lately, it seems that my lack of perspective has shifted from debate to blogging. Recently I've noticed myself thinking about blogging in my daily life. I'm like, "hey...this would make a funny blog entry, I should write this down and blog it later." I guess it's a step up.

3 Comments:

  • I totally think of things in terms of blogging potential. However, lately, I haven't even had time, nor motivation to blog, yet so much that has been blogworthy. tis sad, but life right now is so great! :)

    By Blogger Miss B, at 1:37 AM  

  • Dude, I'm totally with you on the debate thing. I used to be upset when a problem would get solved because it meant we weren't inherent. Isn't that just awful?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 AM  

  • I agree with Alan, it's like I want bad things to happen so I can easily fix them with a sweet plan text.Plus at least with a blog, you kinda have a scrapbook to look back, to see the things that interested you at that point in your life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home