Cliff Gardner

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tempting fate

I have never gotten any type of traffic ticket.

Not once have I been in an accident or even been pulled over despite the general consensus that a drunken ape could drive better than I do.

During my 23 years I have not broken a bone or even been to any hospital to fix a health problem of mine, and I certainly haven't spent a night or had a surgery in one.

I am rarely sick and the closest thing I’ve had to a traumatic health experience is those two times I chipped my front teeth, which were promptly repaired. I will say this about those incidents, though—-always, always, ALWAYS follow the instructions of zookeepers a precisely as you can.

Despite a lengthy family history of extreme obesity on one side and diabetes on the other, I've managed to dodge both.

I just thought I would tempt fate a little because when reading this list and given what most folks I know are going through, I think I'm due.

3 Comments:

  • I think you're due, as well. A nice dose of appendicitis with a side of appendectomy should clear up your health karma nicely.

    By Blogger haylie, at 9:55 AM  

  • No champagne. Not one drop.

    By Blogger truax, at 11:27 AM  

  • If you think you've dodged obesity, then you have a big fat overweight case of denial going on.

    Good luck with that.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home