Cliff Gardner

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mother of the year!

I went to bed pretty late last night. This morning, around 8:00, my mom decided that it was time to blend zucchinis into some sort of fruit salad thing. Since a blender basically has two settings: loud and shattering-your-ear-drums-deafening, this 20-minute activity woke me up. However, while this upset me and even though few things annoy me more than being inconsiderate when someone is sleeping, it would be tough to argue that I didn't luck out in the mom department.

2 Comments:

  • I hope you enjoyed your zucchini-fruit shake. I'm glad read that you are consuming fruit and vegetables these days. That's much better than cheeseburgers and candy.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 8:46 AM  

  • I've gotten the construction crew outside my window the last couple of mornings...generally an hour before I usually get up (which is 7:45 a.m.), and it's annoying because they have no idea how precious that one hour of sleep is that they just wrecked. Today they were using some piece of machinery that seriously needed to be doused in WD-40. There was not enough pillows in the house to put over my head in order to drown out *that* high-pitch squealing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home