Cliff Gardner

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The foot lady made fun of me

Today David, Kristen and I got pedicures. Since the wedding is going to be on the beach and we’re all going to be wearing sandals, it seemed like a good idea. However, given my intense running habit, I don’t think the foot lady was prepared for me. See, my feet are basically the most disgusting things ever, although it’s not because I don’t take care of them. However, after 25-30 miles a week, even hygiene zealots get blisters, calluses, stains, tears and odd smells. At several points during the session, she called over other people who worked there to point out my ridiculous blisters and sores. I felt like the Elephant Man of feet, but they ended up soft, shiny and wonderfully gorgeous so I didn't mind. David took a photo-essay of the experience, so pictures are on the way!

6 Comments:

  • Somehow it feels wrong to me that you have softer, prettier feet than I do now. And such shiny toenails! You'll look totally hot in your suit and sandals.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

  • As a person who thinks that feet are, in general, yucky, I can't support the pedicure industry. Or your support of it.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 1:55 PM  

  • I feel bad for the lady who did your feet!

    By Blogger Laura, at 8:28 PM  

  • HAHAHHAHA! That's boarderline gross, but still hilarious! Have fun at the beach wedding! I know your feet will be looking fabulous ;)

    Pedicures truly are great things... *sigh*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

  • Every good pedicure lady who has done my feet complains about the ridge my birkenstocks make... for a while I had something on the top of the toes on my right foot that made them call their friends over to look... but that went away.

    Maybe you should have more frequent pedicures if you insist on running so much -- take care of your feet!

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 9:12 AM  

  • Remind me to stay far far away from your gym bag.

    By Blogger truax, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home