Cliff Gardner

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chocolate butter

Breakfast is always a big thing for me. This morning, though, things got a little out of hand. I should probably mention that the best thing ever invented is something called "chocolate butter" and honestly I don't know how I lived without it. Chocolate butter, spread of baton, (bread) has become a staple of my diet. However, last night I decided to put it back in the refrigerator because I figured that since stores tend to keep this stuff cold, they must have a good reason, and because my policy on dairy products is to not take any chances, I thought I should toss it in overnight. The problem, though, came this morning when it was all cold and hard, and consequently, very difficult to spread on bread. So, being the clever guy I am, I set the butter, in the wrapper of course, on my heater and went about cooking my eggs, eating my banana and drinking my coke. Can you guess what happened next? Yes, I forgot about the butter until I heard a crackling sound and smelled smoke. I noticed that the butter had mostly melted all over the heater and was smoking a lot, so I acted quickly and grabbed it, taking it off the heater, which then spilled liquid chocolate butter on the floor, carpet, and me, in my underwear and undershirt. It's worth mentioning that my room now smells delicious!

5 Comments:

  • As long as the room smells like chocolate now, who cares? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 AM  

  • LOL! Judging from the last two entries, it doesn't seem like the inner-you has a very good judge of time.

    By Blogger KrayonKel, at 7:24 PM  

  • I love it when you use the word "delicious," because I can hear you saying it (as you have referred to EZmac, pop-tarts, candy, and other child food), and then it seems that you're not so far away from da grove.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 7:52 PM  

  • I love chocolate butter, and I haven't had it since I was in Georgia (the country) with my grandparents when I was 9 or so! Have big helping for me!

    Greetings from London,
    Annie

    By Blogger Maida Vale Ranger, at 2:27 AM  

  • yikes.. the adventures of Peace Corps cooking.

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home