Cliff Gardner

Monday, January 15, 2007

First day!

The last few weeks have been very relaxing. I've read three books since I've been here (The Bell Jar, The Catcher in the Rye and The Life of Pi, all very good) and now I'm down to reading an American Studies textbook because I'm out of other books to read. I think a trip to my Oblast center and their huge library, complete with a "Windows on America" English fiction section, is in order! I've also been doing quite a few push ups and sit ups in my room since it's too cold to run (and it's going to get worse in the department before it gets better I think). Classes started today and I'm super excited about how well they all went! Also, I'll be moving into an apartment of my very own soon and although I really like my host family, it should be a nice change. My language skills are getting a little better every day too. I miss my cluster mates a lot, but all in all, my life is pretty awesome! I love and miss you all! :-)

7 Comments:

  • I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well! :-D. I had an American Studies textbook when I was in high school. I liked it.

    Miss you tons!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 PM  

  • Look at you go, all reading books n' stuff. I brought The catcher in the Rye to read while I was in China, but I never got around to it. Maybe some other time.

    Good luck on your first days of class.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 AM  

  • HOW ABOUT YOU FUCKING COMMENT ME TOM! gosh i hate you! you never leave shit on my blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • We had lots of Tom Talk while in TX this past weekend. Trips were more fun with you.
    The Bell Jar has some hilarious lines in it, eh? - in spite of the overall non-funny plot.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:13 PM  

  • I'm glad to hear you are taking some time to read - are you good at reading in Ukrainian yet? Or are you still on 'Jane and John' type material?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

  • For being a huge non-fiction reader, I was surprised that I liked Life of Pi as much as I did. I found the concept of trying to combine three different religions into one practical way of life especially hilarious. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

  • Glad to hear you are doing well. I, too, am doing a great deal of reading. I just finished Life of Pi before I left Portland. I really enjoyed it!

    Stay warm over there! I hope you are eating more than I am here :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home