Cliff Gardner

Friday, February 09, 2007

Sammy Sosa syndrome

Remember when Sammy Sosa testified before that Congressional Committee that was investigating steroids in baseball and whenever he didn't want to answer a question, he just pretended he didn't understand because he didn't speak English when he clearly understood waaaaaay more than he was letting on? Yea, that's where I'm at with Russian. What? You want this computer? Sorry, I don't understand. What? I'm not allowed to use this blanket on the night train unless I pay you ten griven? Huh? Slower. Please repeat. I'm sorry, I don't understand. Huh? You want to sell me some sort of catalogue/milk/fur coat/waiter heater? Sorry, I understand. I'm sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I don't understand. :-)

5 Comments:

  • You know, you can pull that forever. Even after nearly a year in Germany, I would play that card. "What? I have to buy a ticket? I didn't know where to buy a ticket!" Etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • I once did that in Scotland. It worked surprisingly well.

    By Blogger Your Friendly Neighborhood Clark Bar, at 10:56 AM  

  • I think that whenever you can model your behavior after Sammy Sosa, you're in good shape. Congratulations.

    By Blogger magic, and with love from Sam,, at 9:38 PM  

  • Who needs to leave the country to pull a Sammy? I try to model this attitude daily.

    By Blogger T-Funny, at 12:08 AM  

  • dude intramurals just started...miss you man...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home